Since ancient times, lightning strikes have always existed. According to relevant research statistics, the global average annual direct economic loss caused by lightning disasters now exceeds 1 billion dollars, and the death toll is over 3,000. Lightning disaster has been listed as one of the world's 10 natural disasters by the United Nation.
We should have some common knowledge about avoiding thunder and lightning. In the wild, lightning usually strikes spires of the highest object. Therefore, isolated tall trees or buildings are the most vulnerable to thunderstorms. We should obey the following rules to ensure safety when we are out of doors during thunderstorms.
(1) In thunderstorm weather, do not stay on the high-rise platform, and try to stay away from the exposed smetal objects such as water pipes, gas pipes and electrical equipment. In the open air, don’t enter isolated hut and sentry box.
(2) It is very dangerous to take shelter from the thunderstorm under a tree in thunderstorm. If you have no alternative, keep 3 metres away from the trunk of the tree, squat and get your legs together.
(3) In case of thunder and lightning, there is a feeling of ants crawling on the head, neck and hands with the hair standing up, indicating that lightning will strike. At this time, you should lie on the ground quickly at this time and remove your wearing metal jewelry, hair card, necklace so as to reduce the risk of lightning stroke.
(4) If there is a thunderstorm outside and there is no time to leave tall objects, you should immediately find some dry insulation and put your feet on it. Do not place your feet on the ground outside the insulated object as water conducts electricity.
(5) When hiding from the thunderstorm outside, be careful not to hold up the ground with your hands. You should immediately squat down with your hands around your knees and your chest should be closed to your knees. Furthermore, keep your head down as much as possible because your head is more vulnerable to lightning strikes than any other part of your body.
(6) When you see lightning in the outdoor and then, hear thunder within a few seconds, it means that you are in the danger of thunderstorm. At this time, you should stop walking, put your feet together and immediately squat down. Do not pull with people. You had better use plastic rain gear, such as raincoat.
(7) In a thunderstorm, it is also very dangerous to walk with an umbrella or hold up a badminton racket, golf clubs, hoes, etc., as they can become electrical conductors. In thunderstorm weather, it is not suitable for outdoor ball games. What’s more, do not stay on the water surface or near the water. Washing clothes, fishing, swimming and playing near the river are also dangerous.
(8) In thunderstorm, it is not advisable to drive a motorcycle, ride a bike quickly and run in the rain. That’s because the greater the body's strides, the greater the voltage, and the more harmful it is.
(9) If you see the high-voltage line broken by lightning outside, you should be on high alert because there is a step voltage near the break point of the high-voltage line. Beside,s people in the vicinity should not run at this time, but should jump off the site with their feet together.
Sometimes, when you are in room, it doesn’t mean that you are 100 % safe. Encountering thunderstorm, you should close door window to prevent thunder.
During thunderstorms, it is best to cut off the power supply of home appliances and unplug the phone. Don't use cell phones, telephones, computers, or televisions. It is possible to be harmed by lightning if you are exposed to gas, water and electrical devices.
What’s more, be careful not to shower with a shower head during a thunderstorm, as large thunderbolts may strike the shower head along the current.
If you are hit by thunder, light-injure can be bound up on the spot. If the person's breathing and heartbeat have stopped after being struck by lightning, he or she should be treated with artificial respiration and chest compression immediately. At the same time, call 110 or 120.
Comment list ( 0 )