Notice of International Training on Resource & Environment Scientific Data Sharing and Disaster Risk Reduction Knowledge Service for “the Belt and Road”
Time：October 9th –October 26th, 2018
Location: Beijing, China
- Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Science and Technology of People’s Republic of China
- Bureau of International Co-operation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- International Knowledge Centre for Engineering Sciences and Technology under the Auspices of UNESCO
- World Data Center for Renewable Resources and Environment, World Data System of International Council for Science
Organizer: Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS
Objectives : This program is aimed at refining the scientific data sharing standards and improving the informatization ability on data resource integration, providing experience, technology, resources and talents for disaster risk reduction knowledge service, and enabling researchers from more countries to participate in the construction of the knowledge service of disaster risk reduction. In such a way, we hope to enhance the capability building in the international corporation on disaster risk reduction, and push collaboration with noted domestic and overseas organizations on disaster risk deduction field, promote disaster metadata standards application in the area of the Belt and Road.
- The opportunities and challenges on disaster risk reduction in the implementation of the Belt and Road
- Scientific data sharing standard of the Belt and Road
- Technologies of disaster risk reduction knowledge service platform
- Remote sensing monitoring and disaster data acquisition technology
- Disaster big data mining technology
- Best practices of disaster risk deduction
- International Scientist Alliance and disaster risk deduction cooperation
- A deep understanding on technology cooperation of the Belt and Road
- Being part of International Scientists Alliance of the Belt and Road
- High quality presentations from top data scientists and disaster risk reduction experts
- Visiting China’s advanced science data sharing and disaster risk reduction infrastructure
Training methods : Indoor lectures, computer practices, seminar, field trip.
Class capacity : No more than 20 trainees in total. Estimated trainees by, but not limited to the following countries: Russia, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, India and Iran. This training is for foreign young scientists, scholars, engineering or officials who have been engaged in the work, but not for students. Applicants from national academy of sciences of each country and age under 40 will be given priority.
Fees : Training cost, accommodation and some living subsidies will be covered. Round-trip international travel expenses will not be covered.
How to apply :
- Please fill the application form and the auxiliary attachment, and send them to corresponding email before 20, June.
- All applicants will receive feedback from the organizer. Acceptance notification will be sent by 10, July.
Director of the workshop
- Prof. Wang Juanle, email@example.com
Contacts of the workshop
- Ms. Wang Yujie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Yuan Yuelei, email@example.com
International Training on Resource & Environment Scientific Data Sharing and Disaster Risk Reduction Knowledge Service for “the Belt and Road”